Change of Major

A student desiring to change from one college to another, or from one major to another, or from the Division of Undergraduate Studies to a college, (policy 37-30) may do so by using the following resources to carefully investigate the new major before making a change:

Process to Submit a Change of Major Request:

  1. In the LionPATH Student Center, submit a Change of Major request using "Update Academics."
  2. In person, request the Change of Major Form and submit it to current college dean for review.

As soon as a change of major has the new college dean's approval, the administrative and advising responsibility for the student is transferred to the new college/major. The new dean notifies the current dean and the student of the outcome.