PA Inspired Leaders (PIL)
The Act 45 legislation of 2007 makes better use of Act 48 credits by requiring certain school administrators to participate in professional education activities that are focused on practices that have the greatest impact on improving student achievement. The legislation only affects professional educators with administrative certificates who are employed in any of the following positions on or after January 1, 2008:
- Assistant or Vice Principal
- Assistant Superintendent
- Intermediate Unit Executive Director>
- Intermediate Unit Assistant Executive Director
- Director of an Area Vocational-Technical School
For more information about PIL:
Instructions for Reporting Course Work for PA Inspired Leaders (PIL)
Follow these steps to report eligible course work to the Pennsylvania Department of Education PIL:
1. If you have not already done so, access and report eligible course work through eLion:
You can login with your active Penn State account, Friends of Penn State (FPS) account or use the one-time login option. Once logged in, click on the link that will take you to the Act 48 reporting application. When you enter the Act 48 reporting application, you will see a list of any eligible course work to submit.
2. Once you submitted your course work through eLion, you must then also send an email request to email@example.com.
Include your name, Penn State ID number, course number(s) and course semester in your request. If a course is eligible for PIL, then Penn State will enter it under the subject area of PIL or PIL Induction so it is properly credited in the Pennsylvania Department of Education Professional Education Record Management System (PERMS).